29 January 2010

Friday Night Reflections: Step 2

Sometimes I don't know how I made it through an entire week. From Monday through Friday, it's a constant high speed chase. And then, when I sit down to think about what I did during the week, I can't for the life of me, remember. Or when Monday comes rolling around, I can't remember what I did on the weekend. Do you ever feel that way?

Sometimes I feel like I have five-thousand things to do on my to-do list. And for whatever reason, I think that I can remember them in my head. Crazy right?

And then, when I try to remember what is on my to-do list, I can't remember a thing. Ever feel like this?

Overwhelmed? Don't know where to start?

So for today's Friday Night Reflection, start with writing down all the things you need to do.

Every last thing.

From going to the post office to doing your taxes to calling a few contacts to get started on a new project.

Write everything down.

Then prioritize you list based on what you get can done quickly, what will take a few hours, what will take a few days, and what will take a few weeks.

Then, get to it!

Reduce the feeling of being overwhelmed. You'll be closer to finding your joie de vivre.

Bon week-end!
Catie

2 comments:

  1. Hi Catie! I've commented in your journal before, you have definitely inspired me! I started my own blog at noablog.com and would love for both of us to cheer each other as we strive for our joie de vivre. I studied French for six years and am so envious of your experience living in France! How amazing. Anyways, thanks for your inspiring posts :)

    Noa

    ReplyDelete
  2. The entire time I was reading your post I was nodding my head saying..."yup, yup feel that way all the time" and I did sit down and write a "to-do" list the other night, just because I kept forgetting the things I needed to do and was feeling overwhelmed....so long story short. I am right there with ya! :) Thank you for your wonderful posts, they are really helping me stay on track. :)

    ReplyDelete

J'adore comments! Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing the journey with me.