12 February 2010

Friday Night Reflections: Step 4

It's said that we are the sum of the five people we surround ourselves with. So if you surround yourself with negative people, you'll undoubtedly be more negative. And if you surround yourself with positive people, you'll be more positive.

I've wondered if this was true.

And I can attest that it is.

I used to work in an office environment where I was very unhappy. And I was surrounded by other people who were unhappy in their jobs as well. We would commiserate about how much our jobs sucked and had a very cynical view of our place in the company.

However, as soon as I freed myself from that situation, I found myself to feel much happier. Freer. Able to be spirited and positive, which is more my nature.

And when I think about that it's astounding. Especially when my friends from my old job have commented about my demeanor. They were so used to me being cynical and frustrated, that when I started feeling more positive and happy in my life, it was strange to them. And that is pretty amazing.

So I ask you for tonight's Friday Night Reflection: Who are the five people you surround yourself with the most?

Do they feed your soul?

Do they suck your soul?

What kind of energy do they feed you? Are they helping you uncover your joie de vivre?

Bon week-end!
Catie

1 comment:

  1. Catie - such a true statement!! I used to be surrounded by negative people as well, but not anymore. It took me awhile to realize what an energy-sucker that was!

    ReplyDelete

J'adore comments! Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing the journey with me.